Purple Beech is similar to Green Beech, but it’s foliage ranges from green and purple to stunning copper and burgundy tones in autumn. Although deciduous, like Green Beech it does retain some leaf cover through winter until new growth pushes through in spring. Purple Beech is suitable for all light conditions except full shade and most soils except for very wet. (Min order quantity of 3 on this item)
- Colourful native hedging species with seasonal characteristics.
- Economical, lightweight and easy to install.
- Plant up to 10m of hedging per hour - instant garden makeover.
- No need to hire heavy machinery or extra manpower.
- Mature growth, straight lines and ready-trimmed for a perfect instant hedge look.
- High planting success rate due to new growth system.
- 12 Month Guarantee On All Plants
Purple Beech Easy Hedge Elements offer an economical and time-saving instant hedging solution compared to standard instant hedging troughs. They need less ground preparation, they are lightweight, easy and quick to install giving you a complete hedge look in no time. Produced in a new type of growth system that encourages the fine root production necessary for healthy growth, Purple Beech Easy Hedge Elements have a high planting success rate, plus you get beautifully straight and ready-trimmed hedges too.
Supplied in 1m long sections of hedge, it's easy to work out how many sections you need to order. Each purchase comes with a comprehensive planting kit that contains all the specific equipment needed to install the hedge and ensure healthy growth and development. The kit also includes easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions to guide you. (Please read our further information section for a full list of equipment supplied in the kit and what you will also need to install the hedge).
Benefits of using Easy Hedge Instant Hedging Elements.
- Much lighter than standard troughs - less than 20kg per unit. One person can plant a whole hedge.
- Save on cost and time - cheaper, easier and faster to plant with less manpower required and no heavy machinery needed.
- Each unit is 1m in length - easy to measure, easy to order, and easy to plant in straight lines.
- Mature and dense hedge growth on each unit, already trimmed several times.
- The new growth system produces robust, healthy hedges and roots for a high planting success rate.
- Planting kit and easy to follow instructions provided with each purchase.
Provides instant privacy and screening.
If you'd like advice or have any questions about our Beech Easy Hedge Elements, call the team, or for more information on Beech, including how to maintain your hedge, visit our Purple Beech Hedging Page.
Each Easy Hedge instant hedging element weighs less than 20kg compared to an average of 35kg for standard instant hedging troughs, making it easier to handle, even for one person.
Installing a row of Easy Hedge elements can be a DIY job done by one person, however if you wish you can ask a local landscaper to do this for you. Each purchase comes with a full planting kit including detailed, step-by-step instructions. Each kit covers 5m of hedging and contains the following:
- Wooden poles 5cm x 150cm (to be placed every 3m)
- 1 x length of dripping hose
- 1 x length of wire
- Fence staples and cable ties
- Instruction leaflet.
Equipment to be provided by customer
- Wheelbarrow (if needed)
- Mallet or post knocker for wooden posts
- Gardening gloves
1) Each Easy Hedge Element's root system will come wrapped in stretch foil to retain moisture during transport and prevent damage. The foil should be removed before the units are planted.
2) Before starting to dig the shallow trench for planting, loosen the soil first to around a depth of 30cm. This will allow the fine roots to easily seek out water and nutrients to establish quicker.