What's inside our Mixed Hedging? Hawthorn, Dog Rose, Field Maple, Hazel, Bird Cherry, Blackthorn
An incredibly popular mixed native hedging option, these Hawthorn based mixed hedging packs are made up of six native species that are specifically chosen for their ability to complement one another. Our mixed Hawthorn hedging bundles boast haws, hips, nuts, flowers and sloes, providing you with a species-rich, native hedgerow that will attract a diverse range of wildlife, whilst offering seasonal interest. This mixed Hawthorn hedging is relatively prickly and has a long flowering period that bees will love.
- Best Features: Wildlife-friendly, seasonal interest, flowers and berries
- Ideal For Hedges: 1m - 4m high
- Growth Rate: Average | 20-40cm a year
- Position: Most slightly dry, normal or moist (not wet) soils, sunny to full shade, sheltered or exposed inland
- Also Consider: Our Blackthorn based mix for heavy soils or exposed positions, or try adding other native hedging plants to the mix